First Backpacking Trip with Camera-C&C

Polinkinik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went backpacking recently in the local mountains and brought my new D40X with me. I look forward to your opinions because I want to learn to help me improve myself. If it would help I could also post the EXIF data.

1)

2)

3)

No clouds at all?

I personally like #1 and #2 the best. There's just a little bit of water in the second one, too little to really add anything (such as a reflection) to the picture. So it's a bit of a distraction.

Other than that these all look really clear, and crisp! I love how still the water is. Really conveys a peacful feeling.

Also :thumbup: for backpacking! I need to do more of it. Need to get up to the UP in the fall so I can hike the Porcupine Mountains. :D

#3 seems a little off. maybe more reflection in the water? since there are no clouds or anything in the sky, may have worked better with more landscape.

But very clear crisp shots. Like 'em!

wow! what country is this??

It's British Columbia, Canada.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like them! I'm hoping to get back there again sometime to get some more exploring done.

It would have been cool if you did some abstract of the hanging frozen snow above the water. Interesting!

All very nice. Is the horizon off in #1?

Most reactions

Back