First Bridal Shoot

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some quick edits from my first ever bridal shoot. This is the couple that will be married this coming weekend and they are wearing civil war period clothing. The bride made all of the outfits including her own gown. We shot these in her parents 1860's log cabin which was a bit cramped. These shots where made in front of her sliding door and I used the sheer to make an impromptu soft box and added a bit of flash to expose the shadows a bit. I realize that her chin is blown out in the second one, but other than that, what do you think? I have many more to go through but these were the ones she was most excited about. (Vignettes added in PS)

C&C appreciated. Thanks

IMGP8851.jpg

IMGP8856.jpg

IMGP8858.jpg

First wedding? Wow, I would of never guessed! I think these look very beautiful and the bride will be happy. I can't wait to see more.

It will be my third wedding. This was my first bridal shoot though. Last couple booked at last minute and only wanted the wedding done. First couple also requested engagement pics. I've never done bridal shots and really had a difficult time coming up w/ poses. I'll post some more of the bridal and the engagement soon. Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

I really hate begging for comments, but this is the first time I've ever done a bridal shot. 80 views but no comments and I'm not sure how to take that. I go back and fourth as to if these just totally suck and no one wants to hurt my feelings or are they just "meh" so so, or are they just leaving you totally speechless :)

I can take brutally honest comments, that's why I am posting them. Good or bad, it would be nice to know to improve.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to express any opinion.

ok here goes.

i am not a fan of the white wedding dress and the white background.

but the pics are good focus and sharp i would of prefered maybe a nature background like a river or trees but apart from me being a bit picky:mrgreen:
i think you have done a grand job.

[ by the way i dont like any pics with the white background but thats just my opinion please dont take offence]:)

I'd comment...but Sonicwall is blocking them. It seems to block some things from Photobucket and let some through...must be something in the url path or file name.

Sorry.

Photo 1 is great except that her elbows and forearms are blown out, making it look like she's been cut off at the elbows, eek.

I think all of them could've benefited from having a hair light on her beautiful curls. :)

Marian

ok here goes.

i am not a fan of the white wedding dress and the white background.

but the pics are good focus and sharp i would of prefered maybe a nature background like a river or trees but apart from me being a bit picky:mrgreen:
i think you have done a grand job.

[ by the way i dont like any pics with the white background but thats just my opinion please dont take offence]:)

No offense taken whatsoever. Thanks for your honesty. I agree that it's a little too much white. What I was going for here was a somewhat angelic look to them and I felt this more or less achieved the effect.

I'd comment...but Sonicwall is blocking them. It seems to block some things from Photobucket and let some through...must be something in the url path or file name.

Sorry.

Not sure how to rectify that. Anyone else have that problem?

I think all of them could've benefited from having a hair light on her beautiful curls. :)

Marian

I agree. Lot's of detail were lost by not using a light for this.

For the bride I think you did well.
I love the light.
Overall,very well done.

Thanks so much Cindy. I have several of your shots in my tear sheet folder, not that these came close to the quality you produce, but it was some of your shots that were the inspiration for these shots. I regard your opinion very highly.

Thanks to all who take the time to comment. I am guilty as well of looking but not taking the time to comment, but it means so much to have some input good or bad. It's all part of the learning process.

Most reactions

Back