First C&C...Gotta Start Somewhere, Hey!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by brooxy28, Jan 6, 2009.

1. brooxy28

brooxy28 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey everyone!

I'm here for some constructive criticism on my photography as I'm obviously looking to improve my abilities in the hope I can possibly become a free lance photographer!

Over new years I went on a trip to a festival along the Great Ocean Road in Australia and took my camera along for the ride. I've hand picked my 10 favourite photos, so please give me some hints, in particular the ones of the actual musicians (because I can't seem to be able to get them sharp enough...my lens doesnt have IS and im wondering if reducing the shutter speed even more is the answer?)! Cheers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. basic jammer

basic jammer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    wow.
    #1 captured and spoke to me. dunno wot it said though.
    # 2 is breathtaking. i'd crop out the distraction on the right and remove the spot on the clouds there, tis distracting. maybe photoshop the clouds to make a bit darker, u know storm like.

i like the girl on someone's shoulders, nicely done. all the others are not so speaking. (call it personal preference)

3. brooxy28

brooxy28 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

4. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's hard to do C&C on 10 pictures at once. It's better to post just a couple of pictures, number them, let us know the camera the pictures were shot with and include the shooting info (exif data) when asking for C&C. You'll get more responses that way.

For the most part, you have some pretty good pictures in this set. The first one obviously is getting blown out on the right side, but this kind of shot isn't easy to expose properly...this is where using a GND (graduate neutral density) filter or using exposure bracketing to take 3 or more pictures at different exposures and then join the best parts from each picture into one composite image would give you a better image.

The second shot is very interesting and has potential.

The third shot is pretty boring.

The fourth shot would work better if you got the whole tree in the frame.

The fifth shot is too busy. The two girls are lost in the sea of color and faces of the people in the background.

The rest of the shots aren't bad...some would work better if they were framed differently. The last shot is framed nicely but a little overexposed.

Decent set of images. Keep shooting.