first c&c post. I'm excited. And a little scared.

KKJUN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did these shots in the past few weeks. Some of them are even from the first time I shooted. They were all done in the automatic mode, as I was doing these with my dad's cam. He lost the manual, and I don't quite know what I'm doing in the manual mode.
Nonetheless, they're all edited.
I know that there are quite a lot of pics, so I would suggest you pic your most and least favourite one and comment on those 2. So, there we go:

1.)
4116737731_458617fa42_b.jpg

2.)
4116729985_c805498772_b.jpg

3.)
4040041788_ff56780342_b.jpg

(Updated version of) 4.)
4119928558_037826f2cc_b.jpg

5.)
4039284521_fe6be6478c_b.jpg

In case anyone is so amazed that he wants to see more (I highly doubt that): http://www.flickr.com/photos/43337449@N03/

Last edited:
Second one is actually pretty cool. I think it could use a little cropping love to balance the picture differently. (I might extend the negative space on the top as well)

4 has a lot of power and potential as well, actually. I bet some contrast and saturation boosts would really make this pop.

Too many to comment on extensively, I guess I might just offer that you should take into consideration what your subject is and how every element in the frame does or does not support whatever feel or impact you are trying to convey in the image. Oftentimes that means getting in tight and making sure your subject takes up more of the frame... but not always.

Stay away from the on-board flash whenever possible. Does bad bad things. (especially when your subject is right near a wall.)

I notice that alow of the images has motion blur in it, indicating that your shutter speed was a bit too slow to freeze the motion.

Look online for the camera manual, I'm sure there are downloadable versions on the manufacturer's website. Or head to a book store and get one of those guides for the camera.

You need to get a faster shutter speed which is usually achieved by
a) not shooting in automatic mode so you can actually control what happens
2) boost up your ISO
III) use a wider aperture to let more light in

thanks for the quick reply guys.the flash in the 1st picture is actually not mine, it's the flash of another guy that was shooting with us that evening. we both hit the button at the exact same moment by accident.

I'll see what I can do with number 4 and re-upload it.

Actually I LIKE the blur in 4.

Most reactions

Back