first camera help

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!

So i want to get started in the inspiring art of photography! I want to purchase my first "professional" digital camera. I was looking at canon...what camera would u guys recommended for a beginner eager to learn the art form of photography?

thanks a mil!

-dak

not really a pro camrea but a good beginer dslr. just make sure the camera you buy is from a brand you will want to use if you do upgrade to a pro camrea so you can still use the lenses. for example dont buy a canon rebel xs if your going to want a nikon d3 in the future.

There are Entry level DSLR's, Semi-pro DSLR's, & Professional DSLR's

Since you're a beginner I recommend an entry level. I would look at the Canon Rebel XS, Canon Rebel XSi, Nikon D40, Nikon D60.

Price range?

ooh and P.S: Welcome to the forum =) Click the link in my signature called the pact. Some guidelines our members thought of.

Do you have a budget in mind? The definition of "professional" varies greatly as will the price.

My humble opinion is that the Canon Rebel cameras can take you a long ways. They're good cameras. I would probably stick with Canon or Nikon just because the less popular brands will often have disadvantages - price and/or availability of other equipment, repairs etc. Also, it's nice to be able to ask other Canon or Nikon users specific questions about your camera.

Also, I would look at taking a photography class for basics & then do lots and lots of research on the internet & library to figure out where you want to go from there.

ok cool...looks like im goin for the canon rebel then :D. price range is around $300-$400ish...i kno they retail hugher...but ive been looking on ebay and craigslist for them that fits my price range :) with an extra lens! always a big plus. well i hope i win a bid soon so i can start shooting!!!!!!!! cant wait!!!!!! thanks for ur help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no such thing as a pro body, just one with better functionality. In the hands of a pro, any camera is a pro camera.

Great camera love mine.
I just got my Canon Xs on costco.com

Most reactions

Back