Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shawnriv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I am heading on vacation next month and am looking for a camera with picture quality holding the biggest importance. I am honestly looking for something better than just using my iPhone 6. My budget is $225 and I've came across a few models online: Cannon Powershot S110 and the Sony Cybershot WX350. Out of these two, which do you feel would be the best? And if neither these two, I would love to hear other suggestions for cameras within my budget.

Thank you!

iPhone6 is a good enough camera. Spending 225 dollars will not help here. I would say either use your phone or spend 700-800 on a proper camera.

Welcome aboard.
I don't think you will be able to take many photos with a cannon - it's a big gun or a bath towel.

Sashbar has a point, but if you still want to get a camera, go to Best Buy or the equivalent in your area and pick up each one you are interested in and try it out. The one that is more comfortable to operate is the one to buy.

Welcome aboard.
I don't think you will be able to take many photos with a cannon - it's a big gun or a bath towel.

Sashbar has a point, but if you still want to get a camera, go to Best Buy or the equivalent in your area and pick up each one you are interested in and try it out. The one that is more comfortable to operate is the one to buy.

Thanks for the feedback. So I've now narrowed it down to that Canon S110 and also looking at the Canon SX50 (sorry to through a curve ball in this post). Would the SX50 be a better choice?

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the feedback. So I've now narrowed it down to that Canon S110 and also looking at the Canon SX50 (sorry to through a curve ball in this post). Would the SX50 be a better choice?

The SX50 is an entirely different type of camera. As a "super zoom/bridge camera" it is anything but "pocketable".

"World's Best Digital Pocket Camera:"
Recommended Cameras

And I will mention, gear heads detest Rockwell. IMO he's willing to test inexpensive equipment and make declarations of "World's Best" such gear. Compact and bridge cameras are not well supported on this forum either. This is, for the most part, a DSLR - at minimum - forum.

Both cameras are now several years old, which means you can find them at reduced prices. Neither seems to have been displaced by its successor. Best Superzoom 2014 Eight competitors 2.5 clear winners

I use a SX50 in conjunction with a Canon DSLR. The '50's strengths are at both ends of the zoom. In the middle of the focal lengths, the '50 is, IMO, a good compact camera. No better and no worse than the SX110. Not surprising since they share the same basic components. The question then becomes a matter of how you expect to use either camera.

Both cameras are more completely covered in these two forums ...

Forums Digital Photography Review

Photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums

Scroll down to the "powershot" or "small digital compact" section of either forum.

There are also a number of small(er) cameras with upgraded sensors and processors available though these will typically cost more money. They are more versatile overall but will not necessarily produce higher quality images if you are shooting in brightly lit scenes or you are not asking the camera to track very fast action. As Rockwell tends to say, the user is far more important than the gear in most day to day situations.

How to Carry Less

Most reactions

New Topics

Back