"First" camera...

I think I might chicken out and not get a manual. Are they good for quick motion shots? I'd have no idea. I really can't stand it when my target's moving and I can see a perfect picture in there but the camera's too slow.

Ele Keats said:
Alright, so I've been looking up manuals and I found great reviews for the Nikon FM, and everywhere it says that it's a great student camera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=107925&item=7522226363&rd=1

I found this and I'm happy about the "buy it now" option because I'm not keen on waiting. =) Maybe I'm rushing, but I'm really contemplating this one if I wind up getting a manual. What do you guys think?

Whoa! This isn't a FM, it's an FM-10.

Look for an FM, FM2, FM2n, or FM3a. Say no to the FM-10 unless it's a really good bargin.

EDIT: Go to Canon's (or whatever manufacturer) website to try to sort out the differences between very similar cameras like all the Rebel models. I don't think that the name difference really represent much of a difference in the basic operation of the camera. It has more to do with marketing, and the need to put out a "new" camera every year.

It is a common misconception that sports, wildlife, children, and other moving subjects were never photographed successfully before the 1990s and the mass marketing of AF. But it's just not true. ;)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ele Keats said:
On a SLR note:
What do you guys think of the Nikon N65?

I like the Nikon FM2n a lot better, but that's just my opinion. Does the N65 have a cable release or remote release feature? Long exposures aren't as much fun without that.

Most reactions

Back