first chance to play with studio lights. C&C

Wyjid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soultreephotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is just playing around so faces are funny but please some comments on lighting and stuff. what's good? what needs to be adjusted?

IMG_2199small.jpg

IMG_2218small.jpg

IMG_2206small.jpg

IMG_2210small.jpg

Shots 1 and 2 look best to me. 3 and 4 are lacking details on the subjects.

I don't know, I mean, I am not a great source on lighting, but I think these look pretty good. I don't know what I'd do differently.

Do you think it's bad if I, a male, have the same bracelet as that girl? Haha.

don't worry, the forum as a whole moves rather slow, I've noticed. Something I posted like a week ago was just bumped up recently. It takes a while to generate feedback aroudn here :D

I'm not a pro w/studio lighting and have only 1 commercial class under my belt (that I didn't fare so well in haha) but from wehre I sit, this is what I got:

1. is good. I think it could be MORE dramatic, not with contrast but by brighting the picture totally and if the background gets too light, darken it. Otherwise, I just really like the lighting you chose. I might have put a halo on the head, but personal preference.

The second looks perfect to me

The 3rd and 4th are not comp. interesting but since you said yo uare only concerned about the lighting, I'd say that looks fine and dandy to me! (besides being OOF which i'm sure you are aware of)

If it is for lighting purpose so yes they are actually good lighting portrait. I don't know if I can do any better. The pictures are sharp enough. The pose of 1 2 3 are good poses, but the 4th, Are you pulling his hair here?

They are good lighting btw, which deliver good skin tones reflection.

acctually i'm having my hair pulled. i just did that cause i was wearing a black shirt so i thought it would look funny (it was a late night of just setting up pic after pic so we were all getting a bit loopy.

Most reactions

Back