First Christmas Bokeh C&C

littlered03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a Nikon D5000 and played around with some Christmas bokeh pictures. I wish the first one was centered without cutting off any of the horse (I might crop it) and I wish the second one had only the tree lights behind it (although I think the reflection of the lights is pretty cool). Any suggestions?

1)
DSC_0014.jpg

2)
DSC_0012.jpg

Decent. Move the horse further from the tree to get more/better bokeh. I think it's slightly OOF or there is motion blur. Did you hand hold these shots? Maybe try setting the camera on something solid and use the self timer if you don't have a tripod and remote trigger. Keep shooting :thumbup:

Decent. Move the horse further from the tree to get more/better bokeh. I think it's slightly OOF or there is motion blur. Did you hand hold these shots? Maybe try setting the camera on something solid and use the self timer if you don't have a tripod and remote trigger. Keep shooting :thumbup:

I did hand hold the shots. I later did some editing in Photoshop and they sharpened up really nicely. Thanks for the advice! I can't wait until I get a lens that produces bokeh more easily because I moved the horse as far away as I could, but I definitely have a lot of learning to do. Thank you!

I agree with Layspeed: get that bokeh huge so that the horse stands out better!

Also, if you can turn the table so you aren't shooting at the corner I think it would help your composition as well.

I agree with Layspeed: get that bokeh huge so that the horse stands out better!

Also, if you can turn the table so you aren't shooting at the corner I think it would help your composition as well.

I never thought of turning the table. that's a great idea. Thanks! Is backing up the only way to get the bokeh bigger?

I like the horse.. they seem a little blurry.... :)

Most reactions

Back