First Communion

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was asked to be "Official" photographer at the first Communion Service for 15 children - a great worry for my wife and grandma of one of the candidates!
This just a couple as I work my way through 190 odd images - trying to get all the children as they took part in the service and then requests for family groups.
483.jpg

452.jpg

Face in the crowd
Thomasreading.jpg

Grandson Thomas reading.
Fortunately downloaded to laptop and my Daughter-in-law was over the moon with the "straight from camera" shots - so keep your fingers crossed the other families are as happy. best part was when I was doing groups one of the fathers asked for my business card - quite surprised to learn i was just a grandpa who had had his arm bent!

Great pics! That second one is really cute!

I do like how you also tried to go beyond taking pics of your grandson (I know you also took photos of all the other children of his group!) and captured some of the atmosphere and surroundings in this church (Photo 1), so also we here on TPF (for whom these were not primarily taken, I know) can see where this all happened. I love the stained glass windows in the background, the old chairs, the silver candle holders (very simple, very beautiful), the little jug on the table in the background and all those little details!

Photo 2 is a "must take" photo, of course, and you took it well, and I also like his focus on his reading in 3, the light on his hair, the line of his nose, and the little detail in the mouth of the person who holds the microphone for him, i.e. that she is on the brink of speaking the word he might have problems reading :D.

Eyes went processing far too many images as trying to get something to keep 15 families happy. My son has set up a web site for the parents to view if anyone is interested in seeing what mistakes I made. Church was fairly dark and kids do not stay still so I opted to move to iso 800 and forgot to change as had to rush out ahead of the masses to get group shot with the Priest!
http://www.londonsquirrel.com/FHC/

You did a wonderful job capturing the proceedings for everyone. Of the ones you posted here, I especially like #2. But there are lots more on the weblink that I like as well.

Most reactions

Back