First Concert C&C Welcome

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by drakeman, Oct 14, 2008.

1. drakeman

drakeman TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This was about a month ago, just now posting.
    All were taken with my Nikon D50 (second time using camera) paired with a 50 mm 1.8 lens. This is all the equipment I have so far so I am dealing with it.
    Shooting on ISO 400, probably should have been on 800 to raise the shutter speed to take out some of the hand blur, but thats why it was my first time doing this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. I know sometimes taking all but one color out is over done a lot, but it was slightly out of focus and turned out a lot better like this.
    [​IMG]

2. frasierfanatic

frasierfanatic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice shots for (usually) really crappy lighting at concerts. There is actually detail in these concert shots, a rare talent and good catch. I'm sure I'm missing something, I'm a noob, but I like the shots! Good work.

3. drakeman

drakeman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, ya the lighting seemed to be working as long as the lights were shining in the right direction. Anybody else?

4. Resin42

Resin42 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Some great shots there. I like #2 for the eye contact, it's a pity about the slight motion blur and the head is slightly close to the top of the frame but a cood capture none the less. The lighting in #3 is fantastic, you could maybe touch up the lens flare in the middle of the frame but this is minor.

I'd be proud as hell if I'd taken these, well done.

5. 3312easy

3312easy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow~ So cool, i like third image.

6. rubbertree

rubbertree TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    great potential here. Good shots for a first time, consider it a great learning experience. now you know what you have to do the next time out.

7. tenlientl

tenlientl TPF Noob!

i really like the 2nd one. what was your exact settings? shutter and aperture?

8. drakeman

drakeman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks everybody. The second one was ISO 800, f/1.8, and 1/200. I don't think there would have been a way to get the motion blur out unless I just waited for him to stop moving his hand. He rarely came to this end of the stage so this was the only pic I got of him up close with correct lighting.
    The 3rd one was actually f/18, thats what gave it the sharp light effect. The lens might have been focusing on the light also. The dj was blurry, thats why I decided to make it so dark with the silhouette effect.