First Concert shoot (13 pics inside)

rusty9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this was my first concert with my DSLR. there were 3 bands. these were shot w/ a 55-200 f/4-5.6 non-VR. the settings were a 1/30 shutter speed for almost all, widest aperture the focal length would allow, ISO 800, sometimes 640. +2.3 exposure compensation.

btw, not necessarily looking for C&C due to so many pictures

1st band
DSC_0180.jpg

2nd band
btw, the guy with the accoustic guitar is the guy i play the drums for...not that night obviously.

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

4 one of my favorites
DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

3rd band
this band gave me trouble because they were more hardcore, so a lot of moving around. the also turned off the stage lighting that was facing them, and turned lights on that were behind them. the lighting situation for this band was hard to deal with

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

11 my favorite picture of the night
DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

thanks for taking the time to look at so many pics. even though i'm not asking for CC, it is welcome if you like.

Last edited:
Really cool pictures. I think the pictures of the band which gave you "more trouble" actually came out much nicer. 10 and 13 are my favorites, they have the best contrast of light and dark, and make you feel like you are actually at the concert.
Nice work man!

thanks

btw, i numbered the photos now. i was pissed off when you referenced #s 10 and 13 and i had to take the time to count the pictures :er:

i didn't think the last one was so good...almost didn't put on here. i thought #11 would be more well received.

1/30 is no where near fast enough making the shots soft, i would have been shooting at ISO1600-3200 you need a much faster lens because the lighting on the band looks very low

in my humble opinion shutter speed should be faster , there is movement blur..dunno if u tried 1/1000 for example and bigger ISO think it would be helpful.nice try in overall ;)

well i didn't want to lose a lot of quality due to high ISO noise.

i think no11 would look better cropped so as to exclude the guy on the right.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that next time. Just tryng to find out what worked since it was my first time.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that next time. Just tryng to find out what worked since it was my first time.

Your lens is your biggest problem
yeah i already know i need a faster lens, just don't have the money for it right now. i'm hoping to get a 105mm f/2.8 soon

Most reactions

Back