First concert you ever attended...

Altamont! :headbang:

I was hanging out with some friends when somebody walked in and said, "Hey, they just announced on the radio there's a free Rolling Stones concert at the old Altamont Racetrack and it's free!"

We all jumped in cars and raced out there. The crowd was huge. Biggest crowd I've ever seen for any event before or since. We were way, way back and the performers looked like ants but we could hear pretty well. There were lots of Hells Angeles there but at that time Hells Angels were a common sight so we paid little attention to that. It was when the Stones started playing that the commotion started. We could hear Mick telling people over and over to calm down and we could see intense activity near the stage but didn't know what was happening. Mick kept saying to the crowd, "Brothers and sisters! Brothers and sisters!" We had no idea what was going on.

Thats pretty epic. The best I got is seeing Van Halen at a backyard party in mid 1970's.

I feel like a loser, I haven't attended a concert yet. Too many people and too loud for me lol.

I was in high school in the San Francisco Bay Area back in the mid 1960s and played in rock bands so I often went to hear other local “garage bands” play but the first “name” musicians I went to see were probably at the original Fillmore Auditorium when it opened in San Francisco in about 1966. I went a number of times and saw many acts there including Janice Joplin, Paul Butterfield, Steve Miller, Tower of Power, Jefferson Airplane, “Big Momma” Thornton, Chuck Berry, The Byrds, Santana, Cream, the Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service and many others. I also played there on an “open Tuesday” with my band opening for Buffalo Springfield. I was also at the infamous Altamont Concert in 1969 (way in the back). A good friend and fellow musician with whom I played gigs at that time went on to join one of the famous rock bands from that era (I'd rather not say who) and he is now in the R&R Hall of Fame (him, not me). :)
OMG- I saw all those bands also, but mostly in LA, The Aquarius, Palomino, The Golden Bear, the Troubadour, Whisky a Go-Go, The Palladium, Greek, Forum, Hollywood Bowl, Shrine ...

I used to hang with a former Buffalo Springfield drummer and Fleetwood Mac was a regular playing in the basement of the Student Union.

I feel like a loser, I haven't attended a concert yet. Too many people and too loud for me lol.

If it makes you feel better, my first "real" concert was....2 Chainz...for my college newspaper. Going into that with no prior knowledge of the guy was...an experience...

If it makes you feel better, my first "real" concert was....2 Chainz...for my college newspaper. Going into that with no prior knowledge of the guy was...an experience...

That sure does sound interesting.

I've always wanted to go see Metallica, but I'd have to get those fancy earbuds that filters sound. My hearing is already crap, don't wanna make it worse lol.

I saw The Wombles a couple of times as a child in the 70s. Otherwise this was my first proper concert:

It was at the Brixton Academy in London at the end of the 80s

Wild!

First concert I went to was in 1968 to see a Jimi Hendrix tribute band - no idea what they were called but I was very I impressed even though I had never heard of Hendrix at that time.

I was 17 I think. Two 20 something guys I knew took me to see Robin Trower at the Houston Music Hall. Superb acoustic venue. But I didn't love Trower.
Next year Stix at Compaq Center.
Terrible venue. But Stick!
Years later Queensrýche at a little venue downtown. Operation Mindcrime is my favorite album. I wore out a CD of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back