first critique ^_^

shardsofxapril

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this it is my first post on this site
Personal-22.jpg

Welcome in, shards.

Not much of photographer, so I dont critique well, or often, but I must say I love this shot.

cool effect.... Although, I think it would have turned out better ifyou had used a tripod.... the ramp is a bit blurred(from the longexposure)

This is film... right?

LittleMan said:
cool effect.... Although, I think it would have turned out better ifyou had used a tripod.... the ramp is a bit blurred(from the longexposure)

This is film... right?

I agree. I like the shot, but I'd like to see the stationary objects without blur. Great effect though!

yeah i was somewhat bothered by the couping getting blurred, but to be able to set up a tripod in the middle of a skate park would be a huge hassle and just be in the way of others (gotta be alittle courteous to the other bikers there especially since I was kneeling on a ramp to get that im sure i pissed some people off lol)

Now, in all honesty, as a rider, i think it would have been fine to have a tripod out... it really doesnt take up that much space.. i lug around my bogen to the parks all the time... use it as a funky mono pod, or as a tripod.. but if anything a 3 legged mono pod... also to be complete honesty, im not a fan of super blurred photos and bmx at the same time...I love lookin at the subject and knowing what they are doing. but yet thats my opinion and thats the way i shoot my photography...a lil blur is awesome.. but to me to much kinda blows a photo away..Panning is also fun when shootin bmx...theres something you could try(ive taken some neat photos at the parks panning) that was just my .02

i think the only reason I really like that photo is because it wouldn't really call it an action shot as much as I would a abstract shot. and thats why i like it so much
but this skate park is pretty small and full of a bunch of ghetto kids with attitudes.
but i would really like to see what you have shot in terms of panning. if you wouldn't mind at least :-D. and thanks for the critique

Yeah, the park i goto is full of skaters, so they dont get to happy... Ill check my film and find a good pan and print it sometime when i get the chance...with my other photography here at school, i dont get much time doing my own stuff so i might be awhile.. just keep me posted lol.. and ill continue to remember.. as abstract it is a good shot. it was well done, and i like it in that sense, but action lol.. no not really... maybe if the shutter was a tad bit fast and you can see someof the subject it would be really interesting... try a few nifty tricks like that :D

does look abstract, but why not try this again with slower speeds and a strobe.

PreludeX said:
Yeah, the park i goto is full of skaters, so they dont get to happy... Ill check my film and find a good pan and print it sometime when i get the chance...with my other photography here at school, i dont get much time doing my own stuff so i might be awhile.. just keep me posted lol.. and ill continue to remember.. as abstract it is a good shot. it was well done, and i like it in that sense, but action lol.. no not really... maybe if the shutter was a tad bit fast and you can see someof the subject it would be really interesting... try a few nifty tricks like that :D

you saw my other shot of that right? in the photo section (no critique) that shot was for that purpose i just changed my position from the adjacent box to sitting at the base of the spine http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15680
i think i set the exposure to 1/15 on the other shot...but i cant remember plus it was pretty difficult because I left my flash at home and I was trying to work with the park lights most of the time (quite a few shots cam out too dark)

Most reactions

Back