First Critique

2Stupid2Duck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photoslamour.com
I don't normally seek critique because I am usually my own harshest critic. However, I can't make my mind up about this particular shot and I thought if I posted it elsewhere I would get "less honest" comments.

What do you think - honestly - I was going for a romantic feel (which I am not very good at - LOL)

shil.jpg

Shall I just give you my immediate thought? Since I'm not good at critiquing the techniques of photos?

My immediate thought says: the colour of the sky does not go with the romantic feeling. It is too cool a colour. Do you see what I mean? The oranges in the bottom part are warm. The light blue sky is cold. Largest parts at the bottom of the photo are black (on my screen they are, and it is all I can go by), so the oranges can't compensate what the light blue does.

Plus I'm finding those two EXTREMELY far to the left. Too close to the end of the photo for my liking.

the couple are slightly distracting. oh and i've just noticed the bottom half of the pic- seems to be quite pixelated.

i think the shot would be great if u took it from another angle, closer to the water feature

-- the composition ! It doesn't serve your goal ! A romantic feel ? :shock:
I 'd rather see a zoom on the two persons, to cut some black in the back and the ugly things in the rigth. But anyway, the positions of the two (the way they stand) aren't made me thinking to a romantic moment. So :(
And it's completely blured.

++ the idea you want to pass, even if I don't think it works here : dont' give up, retry and post your future "chefs d'oeuvre" (?)

Mmm.. I think the angle is a great point. Pixelation will be from my dropping the quality of the pic so much to post it (was taken at 6 mp - the original is very crisp).

What happened was that I was at a look out taking nite shots of the city. I turned around and saw these folks above the semi-lite water feature. So I snapped the shot (with 30 second exposure).

You think it would help to crop from the right (to about the point where the railing starts)?

Oh.. and thanx folks...

Are there any water features???

Oh my!
I want rid of this screen!
NOW!

Christmas: come quick.
QUICKER!

30 seconds is waaay too long for people to be in your shot (unless you're going for blurred). If you look at the couple they are quite blurry. Everything in the photo looks soft though. Did you run it through unsharp mask? I suggest that if you haven't.

The other thing is rotation. The photo appears to slant to the left and is distracting as is.

Most reactions

Back