First D850 Killed in Action

OUCH!!! That'll learn him for having a nicer camera 'n I do!! :lol:

He didn’t even own it. It was a demo on loan from his local shop :aufsmaul:
Oops...

Hi, Bjorn this is Svein. Trip is going absolutely spectacular. Boy was that camera great. What do you mean I said was? No, no, everything was just fine. I said was again? The sky is so blue here, beautiful mountains. What do you mean lets get back to this was thing? I'm doing just fine, haven't felt better. Camera? Oh, I have great shots from the camera from the first 4 days. What, I've been here 7 days? Really? Wow time flies around here. I really can't wait to get my own camera. Why are you yelling hows the camera to me? I just said it was great. Why are you yelling I said was again? :allteeth::allteeth:

Last edited:

Outch, I wish I could see the store owner face when he get his camera back in pieces
Or the borrowers face when he signs his credit card slip for the entire cost of the camera. And the shop owner hands him the box for the camera. And says enjoy your new camera. :aiwebs_016::allteeth:

Outch, I wish I could see the store owner face when he get his camera back in pieces
Or the borrowers face when he signs his credit card slip for the entire cost of the camera. And the shop owner hands him the box for the camera. And says enjoy your new camera. :aiwebs_016::allteeth:

I think I’ll call my insurance company and verify that I have insurance that covers rented gear. Because that would suck.

I think I’ll call my insurance company and verify that I have insurance that covers rented gear. Because that would suck.
When I was in college I used to rent a 300mm f/2.8 during football season when I was not shooting for the paper. I would freelance to parents who wanted picks of their sons playing. Mostly seniors. My credit card did not have enough available balance to cover the entire cost of the lens if something happened. :aiwebs_016: And no insurance. :aiwebs_016::aiwebs_016: Luckily after the first year I made enough to buy my own 300mm f/2.8. I probably only rented like 5 or 6 times. But each time was like, I hope nothing happens.

Sone rental gear has insurance built into the price. Sometimes you gotta pay for it as a separate item. But at least it's available. If he didn't have it insured, he's gonna have to dig deep.

I dunno. The dynamic range in the shot of the drowned camera definitely has something over the d810, must be that ISO 64.....

Most reactions

Back