first dslr camera

To me, yes it was worth it... Having that awesome low light ability sealed the deal for me. (That and the ability to plug in a GPS, I love geotagging my photos.)

I took the long and slightly more expensive route:
Within about 2 months I went from; D40 - D80 - D200 - D90

I didn't want to spend too much but ended up doing so and not regretting it one bit.

I agree with everyone one here, if you have the funds go for the D90. I have the D40 excellent camera, but low light performance is so so. I am just waiting to upgrade.

Im going to throw one more in the mix because I too am in the same situation.....what about the Canon T1i that you can now get for $799 with a printer and rebate??

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The D90 is IMO the best body Nikon sells right now, when it comes to features and capability for the price. It's much more camera than any of the others you listed, IMO.

Well yesterday I bought the d90, got a decent deal, I think. Camera is awesome. Thanks for everyone's help.

thanks itznb, I'm loving it so far. Learning something everytime I pick it up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a bag? I really like the "Crumpler X Million Dollar Home" series, (even though they are a tad expensive and have some goofy names). The reason why I like them is they don't look like a camera bag. I guess its more of a messenger bag style. I picked up the 3 million dollar home bag yesterday from a local store and it barely fits the d90.... very tight fit. I'm going to return it and try the 4 million or the 5 milliond dollar bag. But does anyone have any experience with these and know if the 4 million will fit the d90 and possibly a mini-tripod? That's all I'm really looking to carry. I don't want to be lugging around a huge camera bag if I don't have to. I'm also open to any other suggestions on bags that don't really look like camera bags. Thanks.

Try the Lowepro Rezo 170 AW, great bag! My only problem comes into play when I put a grip on my D90, it's a little too small for that - but it works.

Crumpler bags looks cool and some people love them but to me they always seem to lack in real function. Everyone I shoot with either uses Lowerpro or Tamrac, or the Canon backpack. We all try new bags all the time but always come back to the lowerpro and tamrac bags we've had for years.

I think you would be happy with the Nikon d3000, its and awesome camera and will get the job done but you will be happier with nikon d90. After a a few weeks you might regret not buying the d90. I would say spend the extra money, get the better camera, and look at it as an investment. The more you use the the nikon d90 the happier you will be with it. Worst comes to worst if money is a real issue holding you go to Cameta Cameta and buy a refurb. Cametas refurbs are as good as new and something like 20% cheaper then the regular price.

I think you would be happy with the Nikon d3000, its and awesome camera and will get the job done but you will be happier with nikon d90. After a a few weeks you might regret not buying the d90. I would say spend the extra money, get the better camera, and look at it as an investment. The more you use the the nikon d90 the happier you will be with it. Worst comes to worst if money is a real issue holding you go to Cameta Cameta and buy a refurb. Cametas refurbs are as good as new and something like 20% cheaper then the regular price.

Did you read the thread? The OP already bought something...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back