First dSLR!!! Monkeys for CC

docphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! I FINALLY got my first dSLR and I went on vacation with it this past week- these are some pictures of a few white faced capuchin monkeys in Gumbalimba park in Honduras. Unedited! Definitely need some tips with that, I don't know what the heck to do with them in photoshop! Total noob!!

3598285202_b62d08a2c3.jpg

3597471333_2d62420196.jpg

3598274008_6459bb09b5.jpg

It would be nice to know which DSLR you got.

These are really great. Made me smile. Could use a little contrast and saturation, IMO. Nice first shots with the DSLR. Which did you purchase?

Oy! Sorry friends, knew I forgot to post something- I got the 50D and this was with canon's 70-300 IS USM.

Thanks for the tip about contrast/saturation linpelk, I'll read up on that and give it a go tonight!

Oy! Sorry friends, knew I forgot to post something- I got the 50D and this was with canon's 70-300 IS USM.
Nice! Congrats!

I'm @ work and not on a calibrated monitor but I'll do a quick C&C.

#1 - The image is a little dark. Fill flash might have helped here. I like that you filled the frame with the subject (if the subject was within range of the flash).

#2 - Cute capture. Exposure is tricky since subject is in shadow but the sky is part of the shot. The blown out area tends to draw the eyes towards it. Fill flash might have helped to lighten up the subject a bit (if the subject was within range of the flash). This shot would work nicely in the portrait orientation.

#3 - Nicely exposed shot. Nice composition. Nicely lit. Good capture.

You give give them a levels edit - auto should work ok most times, but if its not working have a read here:
Ron Bigelow Articles
in the levels section - also a lot of other good editing advice in there (but don't go for the videos first)

As for what you have here I think you have a very good eye! Really liking that first shot a lot - a bit more contrast and your there! :)

You give give them a levels edit - auto should work ok most times, but if its not working have a read here:
Ron Bigelow Articles
in the levels section - also a lot of other good editing advice in there (but don't go for the videos first)

As for what you have here I think you have a very good eye! Really liking that first shot a lot - a bit more contrast and your there! :)

Thanks for the comment and link! That has a LOT of info on it and I wish I had it before I left for the trip. although now i think I know what to do with my weekend...

I particularly like the monkey peering through the glasses. That photo can tell a tail or evoke ideas and thoughts. Good work I liked them all!

Most reactions

Back