First DSLR Questions

mep42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I am new to dslr category. I have had point and shoots for years and tried to get some good quality shots with them and now I think its time to move up. I have done my research and I want to stay with canon which I have had for all my cameras. I love the 40d but it is a little pricey, I will be able to get one new for about 1,000-1,100 USD with the 28-135 kit lens. What do you guys think? To much, or is that a good price. All advice is welcome. Thanks a lot!

Mark

this is cheaper than B&H... good price!
Though before you buy it, try looking into the viewfinder with this lens on. I don't know what kind of photography you do, but on a 40D, 28mm is not very wide.

40D is better than a XTi/XSi, but if you go for a lower body and grab some better lenses, you will get some better shots probably... Glass over body! What kind of shots are you going to take?

40D is better than a XTi/XSi, but if you go for a lower body and grab some better lenses, you will get some better shots probably... Glass over body! What kind of shots are you going to take?

All around, mostly outdoor, maybe some urban/city shooting, and sports

Most reactions

Back