First DSLR

Freeryder24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon Rebel XTi.
Finally got one at the beginning of the summer - newbish, excited, and eager! I've got a lot of learning to do.

New to the forums. I'm looking forward to seeing other people's work and getting some feedback!

Pictures are ordered oldest to newest:

HaitiBike_0404edit.jpg

Grad2008_0733.jpg

Paintball_0066.jpg

Paintball_0056.jpg

Baergs_0247summer.jpg

Grad2008_0875.jpg

C&C per req:

1. I like the composition of this image, but it's rather soft overeall and would have benefitted from the use of a reflector or fill-flash in the area between the tank and engine.

2. You'll have to explain this one; I'm afraid I don't get anything from it.

3. Not bad, better focus on this one, but the large pile of softly-focused tires in the foreground are a major distractioon. Consider your position with relation to the subject, and always have a good look at the whole viewfinder before you shoot. Sometimes the picture we want just isn't going to to work.

4. Much the same as #3; the two horizontal bars are very distracting. Additionally, The backs of people aren't nearly as interesting as the fronts; always try and get in a position where you can capture at least some of the subject's face.

5. Not bad, I'm not fond of the angle, however that's a personal thing. Again, we have a large, softly focused 'distractor' in the foreground (her left hand). I think this might have worked better if you'd shot from a position a little farther to camera left, and had her looking toward the camera; not right down the lens, but toward it.

6. This is a fairly nicely executed B&W; perhaps a little dark on the extremities, but I'm afraid that's about all I can say. Light fixture?

Some good effort - keep it up!

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

ok I play paintball and just want to help you out with your technique.

All of your photos are good except they have a lot of "dead" space and you will notice alot of pictures the are very close on the subject. For example THIS is what im talking about, i know its speedball but same rules can be used.

here is a quick crop i did hope this information helps!

2813954252_a8fbcb1eaf_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back