First Engagement Shoot

Yea, his hand does look odd. I had this same scenario in my shoot a few days ago. I started like you did and thought he looked weird so I had him move his hand to her shoulder so he didn't look like he was reaching over her.

I told him to put his other hand behind her to avoid the "thing" hand, but I just saw that he does have it on her shoulder, but it isn't too glaring :)

By the way, cute picture. I'm doing my first engagement set this week.

276700142_Ybyez-L-4.jpg

The important thing to keep in mind with hands is that they must be attached to an arm.
This means no holding around the waist from behind as it would appear that there is a hand 'growing' out of the other persons side. Top picture, look at the mans right hand for an example. The other hand could have been placed nicely on top of her shoulder. When doing this I advise the client to not put any weight on the shoulder. Just lightly place it there. If you put weight on the shoulder it will look as if you're pushing the other person down.
Lyncca, in your shot there is too much weight on her shoulder. Try pulling the hand back so that only the fingers are on the shoulder. You also have to watch out for the fingers growing out of her neck, clone those out.

ummm... I'm a bit reluctant to say....

Both of these portraits are using what I "affectionately" call the doggie-style pose. OK! OK! I'm sorry, but I can't get beyond it. I see this pose a lot with prom photos. I never use this pose.

Brandon... nice work. I wish that part of his face wasn't hidden behind hers. WHAT happened to your shutter? What had to be replaced?

-Pete

Both of these portraits are using what I "affectionately" call the doggie-style pose. OK! OK! I'm sorry, but I can't get beyond it. I see this pose a lot with prom photos. I never use this pose.

Brandon... nice work. I wish that part of his face wasn't hidden behind hers. WHAT happened to your shutter? What had to be replaced?

-Pete

BAHAHA! Now I'm not sure I will be able to either! What's kinda funnier about that is that both of these women are pregnant too :lol:

You could crop in close enough where the hands wouldn't even be an issue?

-Pete

Well I never really looked at like that, but now that I do...is is pretty much doggie style...lol

The actuall shutter itself had failed, and they had to replace the shutter. all in all with all the cleaning and such...it was about 305 USD

That doggie style thing gave me quite a chuckle. I will not be able to use this pose either for all I can do is laugh. I think the tighter crop was a good idea. Take the hands out all togehter. Nice job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back