First ever edit.

SavannahBC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In a previous post I was adviced to try editing this photo, so thats exactly what I done. I had to use Paint shop pro because thats all I have at the minute. I really need advice on how to edit though, because I dont think the pic has improved much. I'll post how it looked before i edited it.

Before.
042.jpg

After.
0422.jpg

I've made it way too bright :\

Yeah, you brought out some color and detail in the cliffside, but lost all detail in the sky as it's totally blown out (completely white) now.

yeah, I never realised. Any advice on how to fix that? I'm trying to now but its just not happening! I can't seem to get it right, the sky is either too dark or too bright :\

Here's my quickie edit. Curves adjustment, bumped up the saturation of greens, yellows, and cyans, bumped up lightness of the green and yellow, and bumped it down for cyan. Cropped-out that bit in the bottom left. There's only so far I could push the image though, since the JPEG is heavily artifacted. As for correcting the sky to make it much brighter, don't try. The image is dark and misty, so go with it.

042copy.jpg

With that picture starting off being so cloudy/foggy looking, it will be tough. There's only so much you can do...

Indeed. As a RAW one could push it and really clean it up. As a JPEG, there's not much room to push it past where I did because of the artifacting (pushing the contrast adjustment further revealed the blocks of the JPEG...grrrrrrrrrr).

Ooo sorry. Yeah it was a bummer that it was a foggy day, but it was the only time I could take that photo.

I tried editing without making the sky look so bright, I cropped abit of it aswell :\ still not happy with it though !

042sdf.jpg

Most reactions

Back