First Ever Post

halologist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just recently starting taking classes and have found the joy of photography. I used to destroy cameras and the films because I couldn't figure it out at all. (Usually 35mm plastic ones, but that's bad enough.) Now, I am 8 weeks into the photography world and I don't think I'll ever leave. We are doing B&W, outside, and daylight photos only this semester. We have to have 8 prints to showcase at the end. Hopefully, this place will give me positive criticism and feedback as to which are the better prints for my portfolio and to of course improve my skills! Hope you all enjoy as much as I do yours.

Here's my first print ever.
05040401print01tpf.jpg

(yes, I notice the white "feather" on her head, it was dust on the negative.)

And the rest came stumbling after---
050414print1tpf.jpg

050418print03tpf.jpg

050418print2tpf.jpg

hehehe.. very cool shots!!! Welcome to TPF, if you spend time here studying you will find the members here to be your greatest influence.. I spend at least 1 1/2 hours a day here enjoying the fine postings from around the world. The people in here are the best.. and extremly helpful.

Looks like you are off to a great start!!! Have fun, and good luck!

thank you!!

yeah, I just spent the last 2 hours and half looking through this site. the work here is incredibly impressive. I had a couple drop-jaw moments of amazement if that makes sense. I can only hope to be like you all! Everyone sounds so friendly, too.

Welcome. It looks and sounds like you're really enthused about the photography class. You've made a good beginning; keep it up, and share your progress with us.

Hi and welcome!
Your pics are very nice. I especially love the last one! I think it's great and so out there. Good work!

Welcome to TPF, halologist. For a "very first print" you did a great job, with good contrast. :thumbup: Dust on the negative, and in the darkroom in general, is the bane of a lot of us. Keep the canned air handy. ;)

Keep up the good work, there are lots of talented folks here, ready to help. Come to the Darkroom forum here with any specific developing or printing issues. :)

Have fun!

Nice first post. I like your last photo best. Welcome to the forum.

thank you for the awesome support, everybody! it just makes me want to do more, i'll be in the darkroom yet again today. i go just about 3 times a week. my last roll is my favorite and can't wait to share.

Most reactions

Back