First ever shots.

maynaro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bought a canon xs last week after using a lame point and shoot for way too long. Tripod and remote shutter were delivered today, so I went out tonight to try and capture some car trail light shots and a shot of the nearby marina, the second pics of the town hall that I just shot quickly. Ive never used a dslr before and have only read a Scott Kelby book so fire away with your c&c. Don't hold back;)

008 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

005 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

003 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think they are good for your first series of shots. Welcome to the forum.

#2 is my favorite. You have a good eye for composition.

-Andy

congrats for your new camera..First one is very good, others two are nice,but I feel if you take this two in different angle it would be nice to see.(Second one I feel if you take long short it could have been better).Expect more good photos to watch from you.

Thanks for the comments, really appreciate it.

To imbed an image from Flickr. Go to the picture you want to use from Flickr and click on "All Sizes" (above your picture). Select the size you want to display and then look below the picture for the #2 box that says "Grab the photo's URL:". Highlight to select it and then right click the selection and hit Cut (or Copy). Now go back to the TPF (The Photo Forum) post you want to imbed the image in. Click on the orange and grey icon above the message box (the one that looks like a tree with a camera in the front of it). In the box that pops up, paste the URL in box (make sure you only have 1 "http://" in the URL line before you hit the Ok button). Hit the Ok button. Click on the "Preview Post" button to see if your picture is imbedded in the post.

Ok I'll give it a whirl. I actually subscribed to upload pics directly but they failed for some reason. I think the files are too big but I'll try the way you said. Thank you.

my hat goes off to you for buying a dslr and taking it out of auto mode so quick. at least your using your camera like it should be used. keep experimenting, once you do one thing it makes you want to try another, then all of a sudden you have 10,000 in camera equipment and taking month long photo trips :pimp:

3876053283_ac32b3b968_b.jpg

Sweet. I've managed to embed the pics, not sure how to do all 3 but I'll just post the other 2 seperatly. Thanks once again.
3876051789_d501480782_b.jpg

To do all 3, just do the same thing all in one post. Best to hit enter to space them out and even better to try numbering each.

First 3 shots with a new camera, and no experience with it? Darned good, composition. I had to look at number 3 a couple of times, but it grew on me. I think you'll do very well with a DSLR, and this is coming from a film guy....:mrgreen:

J.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back