First ever.

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by himynameisjohn, Jun 16, 2007.

1. himynameisjohn

himynameisjohn TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is my first ever shots with a camera that are not just shots, im getting into real photography. I just brought a camera today and these are my first few shots on the start of my photography path.

Hardware Used: Casio Exilm 10.1 (Black)

I figure that once I get more use to the camera shots will be better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Starting out well.........Keep it up!

3. TimboAA

TimboAA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Good start. I think the first one the depth of field is too shallow, there is only a thin strip that is really in focus.

One some of the others, I think if they get cropped differently might add a little bit to them.

Good luck!

4. jon_k

jon_k TPF Noob!

North Richland Hills (Ft. Worth suburb) TX
    Photos OK to edit
    For the flowers here's a fairly good rule to follow.

Don't take pictures of flowers straight on. When people stand in a field and look down they see flowers like this all the time. It's nothing new or extraordinary.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which one looks more interesting here? To me #2.

Give it a shot by taking pictures from the side or for a unique outlook from below! You'll probably find some good shots. Show people flowers in a way they don't usually see them.

5. himynameisjohn

himynameisjohn TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thank you so much for the C&C. im really having trouble with this camera, the manual didnt really describe any of the modes, and i want to take a picture were as the subject is in focus but the surronding is blurred and im having trouble doing that. does anyone know about this camera good again its a casio exilim 10.1 mega pixels black. - [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Exilim-EX-Z1050-Digital-Optical/dp/B000MXMP1W/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_3_txt/103-6558756-2341421[/ame]

thank you

6. jon_k

jon_k TPF Noob!

North Richland Hills (Ft. Worth suburb) TX
    Photos OK to edit
    Don't know about the camera. Is it a SLR, or have exchangeable lenses?
    [edit]
    Looked your camera up. From the looks of it, it seems like a point and shoot. It appears to have a fixed lens. Look to see if you can change the aperture value. Most point and shoot cameras I've seen don't allow this. Maybe you got lucky though ;-) As is said below, decreasing the f/ value decreases depth of field.

You're talking about making a shallow depth of field. The concept is called "depth of field"
    [​IMG]

You can make the depth of field more shallow by 1) Zooming in closer with your zoom ring 2) Increasing your aperture. For instance, an aperture of f/2.8 would have a more shallow depth of field than an aperture of f/8.0 Certain lenses also change the depth of field available. Macro lenses for instance have a shallow depth of field as it is.

If you're curious about the complicated stuff that equates depth of field, check out this link: http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/depth-of-field.htm