first experiment with saturation

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my cat was lying in its usual sleeping place behind the neglected pile of garbage in our front garden, looking peaceful. And wouldn't you know it as soon as the camera came out it looked up and got rather pissed. This is the only decent photo I managed to take.

Basically saturation was taken down by abou 80%, the top was cropped, the whole image was lightened and then curves were messed with to add a bit of contrast.

Criticism please!

cat.jpg

thats cool i liek the leaves, and its wierd the cat almsot looks colored but it almsot looks black and white i think thats how i can explain the way it looks to me seems very cool.... liek if i think its balckand white the cat looks a little colored and if it looks a little colored it looks blakc and white... im been up all night on 5 hrs of sleep also... anyone else see what im talkign about?

Thanks

Some criticism from friends was that the subject is unclear as the leaves are a bit obstrusive. Another thing they noticed by accident is apparently the colour sets the mood of the cat. It adds to the whole pissed expression. I don't quite see what they are talking about though.

Also the cat is black and white :wink: (with a touch of light orange in the grey areas.

Most reactions

Back