First few decent shots w/ D5000

Calvin_A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first three are of areas around where I'll be getting married in a few weeks, and the third is just after sunset at my house.

4745560025_bdb2fe8292_b.jpg

4746187490_ce4187720d_b.jpg

4745533421_f4777dc232_b.jpg

4746517064_4bef614146_b.jpg

C&C welcome... I mean they are my first posts.
Thanks in advance.

#1 - I would like to see from a lower angle, and later in the day when the light isn't as harsh.

#2 - Maybe a different crop or a whole other angle. The mulch on the right is a little distracting. You could try playing with faster and slower shutter speeds and see what you like in terms of water flow and motion.

#3 - I personally am not a fan of flower shots so I have nothing for you.

#4 - Similar to what alan said, a longer shutter speed could give you better/different results. If it were me, I would take pictures with all kinds of different exposures to find out what setting make those specific clouds the most vivid.

Good stuff for begining, my advice (and I am no expert) is to keep shooting and trying different things. When you find something interesting that you want to tak e a shot of, always try a few different angles, and a few different exposures at each angle to get a handle on what works for different scenes.

Good luck!

I like 2, yeah maybe a different crop angle..

I like 2 as well, 2 90-inch steps to the left and a shot from 12 inches lower with a slower shutter speed.. that's what I would have done.. but I'm no pro :)

cheers.

Most reactions

Back