First film camera

i stripped it. trust me. I know that if i turned it left it unscrewed. Im not that dumb. :) I cant twist it back on. The screw piece just slides right through the hole on the knob. Where i read "turn counterclockwise" was about the first or second page in the manual. I porobably just misunderstood, just like jacob said... my buddy told me about the button on the bottom so i know it wasnt anything to do the that, But taking some needle nose pliars and trying to turn the rewind knob the wrong way is how i "dethreaded" the screw. I know to never force anything and all that good stuff. i just spun the needle nose pliars around it as i was squeezing. i am tool/fixing stuff savvy. I wanted to get the film back into the roll so i could open up the camera to tighten the rewind knob back up. ill get it fixed soon

im gonna look on ebay for that part, then ill be GOOD TO GO!
the camera is in beautiful condition! it couldnt be any more perfect. the lens is awesome too. i finally got to shoot some sports with it...
varsity volleyball :hail::D
and dont get me wrong this camera is FLAWLESS! it is in such perfect condition. it looks like brand new! it works absolutely perfectly, it was just user error, I fail at this film stuff, i am totally new. Ive never been so bad at something to do with electronics. Just something totally new to me, Ill get the hang of it soon.

Makes sense--the first time I tried to use my F3 it took me about an hour to realize it had an "on" button... I thought it was broken! ;)

Your best bet is to try to repair the threads with some JB Weld epoxy or something similar, I sent you a PM with instructions on how to do that.

Like someone else mentioned... you will likely need to wait until a broken "parts" fe pops up on ebay to find that specific part. There's an FM on ebay right now for $20, but I don't know if those parts are identical... I'll check it out for you when I get home.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back