First Gig Shoot

NoteGraphics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had the opportunity to go see one of my heroes so I thought I'd post a couple of pics...

And the thing about "never meet your heroes" isn't true, he was absolutely charming and made time for everyone...

For those who don't know, his name is Joe Satriani !

IMG_4948.jpg

Jerry???
Am I having a vision or where you actually here???
Is this really - I mean really - you posting? Wow. Long, long time no see! Have you had time to check out in the Germany Meet-Up thread what all you had to miss out on (many long, long walks, too, ask Jeff Canes all about it... :roll: ;))?

But hey, you had a wonderful chance to see one of your heroes and take very good (!) photos of him. The light in the last so very well underlines his "stardom"! Well done! I like that one best.

*looks down*... Yup...it's really me !

I've had a look thru' your pictures from the meet - looks like you guys had a blast! Well done to you for organising it all!

not bad for an amatuer ;) but I know that you were dreaming of photographing Pork Pies while you were there. :lol:

Amazing photographs of a guitar legend!

notoriouslightning - Satriani travels with 6 JS1000 Ibanez guitars and you'll see them and a few other models in each show he does!

These are absolutely amazing photographs of one of my idols! Very exceptionally well done! When captured this well with such great light, it's hard to believe that just 2 days ago on the 15th, Satriani turned 52 years old!

Whoa, I did a doubletake too when I saw Notegraphics listed as an OP!!!

GREAT to see some of your pics after a too-long absence. Were you sitting fairly close to the stage? Getting this quality of shots in a concert setting is super! Hard to pick a fave. Although I love the lighting in the last one, the look on his face and the composition of the first one really appeal to me.

I knew he had a lot of guitar, but had no clue he toured with so many. Thanks for the info Robert. I remember listening to Satriani back around "surfing with the alien"

notoriouslightning - If you haven't already, I have to really recommend "Super Colossal" that came out in 2006, absolutely one of his best albums! When Satriani travels in concert with other guitarists as "G3", it's common for him to have more than 20 guitars on hand. Depending on the year and the other 2 guitarists headlining with him, they'll have anywhere between 50 and 75 guitars travelling from show to show with them!

Satriani, Paul Gilbert and John Petrucci were G3 last year and it was an absolutely phenominal show. If you ever have the chance to get out and see Satriani on his own or with G3, you won't regret it!

Most reactions

Back