First HDR Attempt (NYC) C&C Please!

petertalke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.talkephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
gave it a try last week...hand held this shot. I see a tripod is needed for sharper pics...but this one was ok. Let me have your comments...or tips!!

www.talkephotography.com

HDRComparisonNYC.jpg

What HDR editor you use? There's a little bit halo (lighter sky) near roof of the building, and (this is pretty personal) I would make that cloud lighter.
Anyway, very nice HDR, not too over saturated, so colors are good and looks right.

good job :)

just a bit wierd around the clours tho... but the building is beautiful :)

Using Photmatix...that software is great! I need to learn to touch up more in CS3...but an ok start. I like that you can go funky...I'll attach a fun one below....still lots to learn!!

HDR is such a great artistic option. This prob needs much work...but as is after Photomatix is through with it.

TimesSqareHDRComparison.jpg

In the first set of pictures, did you do any burning around the clouds? It looks like that's what that dark blob is.. kind of distracting. The rest just looks more saturated.

Can you "HDR" a photograph in Photomatix with only one image? I thought you needed to blend multiple, bracketed exposures..

Can you "HDR" a photograph in Photomatix with only one image? I thought you needed to blend multiple, bracketed exposures..
It cannot be done, I mean real HDR...result from one shot kinda tonemapped image, but who cares?

Yes, Photomatix lets you do a sinlge photo. As you dont have the diff exposures, the effect is not the same as a true HDR. It looks just ok.

Most reactions

Back