First HDR shot!

aumcdona

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have done landscape photography many times in the past, but never with HDR. Tell me what you think and what I could improve/try next time! Also, I'm new, so hello everyone!

DSC_4564_5_6_7_tonemappededitPSFINA.jpg

Ya that would be smoke from our early morning campfire. :grumpy: Didn't notice it on my camera screen when I took the shots. Uploaded them onto the computer and was very disappointed. Next time I will have to be more aware of my surroundings. Thanks for the response!

The blue on the left is a bit extreme, but like said abstract, and great for yuor first time.

Ya that would be smoke from our early morning campfire. :grumpy: Didn't notice it on my camera screen when I took the shots. Uploaded them onto the computer and was very disappointed. Next time I will have to be more aware of my surroundings. Thanks for the response!
As an outdoorsman, I am very jealous of you. I wish I knew you had camped there so I wouldn't feel so "cityish" by saying "that misty blue fog" instead of campfire smoke! :lmao:

Ah yes I noticed your picture. That is Wheeler lake on Wheeler Peak New Mexico, quite a steep climb!

Ah yes I noticed your picture. That is Wheeler lake on Wheeler Peak New Mexico, quite a steep climb!
The largest I've done so far is Mt. Washington in NH at 6288ft. Probably much smaller than the mountains out west though! I'd love to hit a 10,000!

Yes this was 13000 feet. Beautiful place Taos, NM is, I would definitely recommend it!

great great great shot! i love it and its soo beautiful . i do agree with most people that the campfire smoke isnt the best in the shot, but hey at least you were real camping!! lol.. anyways i love the HDR when its subtle like this, most people try to overdo it and just absolutely kill it where it seems fake.. what software did you use?

Well thank you! And let me just say, I have the EXACT same equipment as you do, EXACTLY everything you have listed is all I have, crazy! I used photomatrix pro, great program. About the HDR being overdone, I know what you mean. This being a NATURE shot I wanted it to be very NATURAL, that is the point of landscape photography, to capture the natural beauty, so putting HDR to the extreme would not be the point. Thanks for your comments! :)

ha, thats funny- i use photomatix too!!! except i havent paid for it b/c im a cheap b. i just take a screenshot of it before i 'process' it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back