First HDR with new camera

Brick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Toyed with HDR a bit with my old p&s, but man is it hard to get 3 bracketed shots while having to manually change the exposure. D90's exposure bracketing is such a welcome change :thumbup:

C&C welcome
Harmon%20sunrise2.jpg

Of course my best shot was my first bracket before I realized the railing was in the shot. Still not used to framing the 10mm, sheesh that thing is wide.

Toyed with HDR a bit with my old p&s, but man is it hard to get 3 bracketed shots while having to manually change the exposure.
Got that right. Auto exposure bracketing, beyond being way more convenient, is really necessary under certain circumstances. More than once I tried to manually take 5+ shots of low clouds and in the 2-3+ seconds I was able to take the shots the clouds had moved far enough to where the results were unusable. (I only wish my camera could auto bracket more than 3 shots.)

Your picture is generally fantastic. Nice variation in the clouds, well composed, nice lighting; I like the lens flare and the distortion of the buildings. The only real minus is the lack of detail around the sun. Sometimes IME this is unavoidable (the sun is bright) but usually a very dark shot can extract some detail from the area.

Most reactions

Back