First HDR

jensgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I am new here...just messing with HDR. New to it and am using Photoshop to change the exposure of some pictures I already had...and then using photomax to do that HDR. I have done a bunch that ended up looking terrible then one...right off the bat it looked good. Guess I got lucky,,,but figured I would share and see what you all think.,..

Original Image...

Chincoteague8-09094.jpg

HDR Image

lighthouse.jpg

In my eyes the HDR is way over processed.

edit: YAY! 300th post! :smileys:

Last edited:
Looks a little heavy on the Light Smoothing to me. I rarely put it lower than 1, otherwise you get the halo effect (the light area of the sky right above the trees).

Hum, the second hdr looks better, but HDR, as most people are going to say, should look like a properly exposed picture, not one that seemed to have been tampered with if you catch my drift. How are you going about making these? Digitally or actually different exposure settings in RL?

HDR needs improovement heck the regular picture of the bahamas looks nicer

Here you go chief I just did this real quick
4128887299_739cf1faa7_o.jpg

Last edited:
what settings did you use? thats good. I just have the trial versions and since I just started messing around and obviously cant go back to the bahamas that easily I just edited different exposures using a trial verison of Photoshop. I really don't know what I am doing just yet!

what settings did you use? thats good. I just have the trial versions and since I just started messing around and obviously cant go back to the bahamas that easily I just edited different exposures using a trial verison of Photoshop. I really don't know what I am doing just yet!

Well 1st you have to have your camera set to take auto bracketed shots at different eposure setting once you have that down,take your shots
ev +2,0,-2 raw format, then load them into software I created 2 video tutorials and posted them here in the videos I wasn't looking to perfect hdr as in every shot is different settings but if you watch them you will get the idea of what to do, in your picture I also did some tweaking after I created the HDR in photoshop I use the darken brush to darken the water a bit to match the scenery due to photomatix making the water colors a bit sureal.

Yeah I know about the bracketing and taking in raw...I am just messing with old pictures now so I have no choice but to cheat and alter the exposure with photoshop to learn. I am going to go somewhere next week to take some pictures...Gettysburg probably.

I messed around with another one tonight...a house in Carmel, CA>

original...

CaliforniaSunday093-1.jpg

HDR
carmel-1.jpg

A chocolate house yum I would be curious to see what settings exactly you are clicking on because it's not working out for you HDR is supposed to be rich and vibrant I am not being a D just trying to help you out. If you look at your original picture you will see the sky looks blue, then your "HDR" the sky looks like the wizard of oz as if a dust storm is coming everything is pretty much yellowish brown.

I don't even have your original files and look how I redid your's
4130143927_2ee9bdd4ab_o.jpg

In every instance, the original single exposure looks better than any of the HDRs pics that have been made out of them. Calm down with the HDR stuff. You have a good eye, you don't need to do something like HDR to make it look interesting.

:thumbup:
In every instance, the original single exposure looks better than any of the HDRs pics that have been made out of them. Calm down with the HDR stuff. You have a good eye, you don't need to do something like HDR to make it look interesting.

completely correct, i dont see the point of HDR in any of these TBH

Most reactions

New Topics

Back