First Holy Communion, Priest, and Flowers

I think it's very odd that someone hired a professional photographer to take pictures DURING the ceremony, when the great unwashed were forbidden to do so. Were the "professional" photos for sale later?

What we usually do is hold off on any photos during church services, then the participants and family can pose for photos after church is over.

I think it's very odd that someone hired a professional photographer to take pictures DURING the ceremony, when the great unwashed were forbidden to do so. Were the "professional" photos for sale later?

What we usually do is hold off on any photos during church services, then the participants and family can pose for photos after church is over.
They do both there.. the professional takes photos of each kid, then I believe either sells them or the church gives them to the parents for free (after the church pays the photographer, of course). He also did a group shot afterwords.

Then, after the ceremony, it was a mad house with 50 kids, their parents, and their families all scrambling to get pictures with the priest, with their parents, with their godparents, in front of the altar, here, there, everywhere. :boggled:

First shot takes the cake!

I just did a first holy communion shoot a couple of months ago as well...quite the experience. I am not religious/do not go to church at all..but a family that I did family photos for last year asked me to do it, and I am always up something new! This was at the small chapel on base so it was pretty interesting. I did get some nice shots prior to the ceremony, since it was just us in there and I was able to set up the octobox....but during... no window light...not fun lol.

That 1st shot is great, beautiful shot.

First shot takes the cake!

I just did a first holy communion shoot a couple of months ago as well...quite the experience. I am not religious/do not go to church at all..but a family that I did family photos for last year asked me to do it, and I am always up something new! This was at the small chapel on base so it was pretty interesting. I did get some nice shots prior to the ceremony, since it was just us in there and I was able to set up the octobox....but during... no window light...not fun lol.

That 1st shot is great, beautiful shot.

Thanks!

Great work! Gorgeous light.

Love the first 2!

The flowers need color, IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back