First image, C&C please

Paul Colose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm very new at digital SLR photography, but I thought this one turned out well.

Any input is appreciated.

Paul

Montchanin01_sepia.jpg

I love it!! This photo makes me want to know more about the girl, like what is she thinking, where is she going, why is she wearing that dress. Great photo!! I cant wait to see more

Thank you for the kind comments. I still have a long way to go for metering, exposure, ISO, etc., but I always felt comfortable with composition.

I put this and a few others from this set into my gallery.

Hopefully, the larger size won't point out too many flaws.

Regards,

Paul

I think there could be more space right above her. Now it looks like not equal. Beside that it's a great picture. Just as kelli anne wrote.

Hey Paul!

I'll have to agree with Kelli Anne, great picture...you seem to have a great eye for finding an image with a lot of mood!

Maybe you could have played around with the composition a bit more, if the shot would have showed a bit more of what is in front of the girl (not know how that would have worked out with what was on the scene, so talking about the perfect scene here haha ;-)), it could have added to her looking away and also to the dress moving away :) But then again, this is just personal preference :)

Have fun shooting!

Last edited:
Paul- Nice shot. I'm thinking the same things as Kelli.

Welcome to TPF, and to the DSLR world. There is lots ot learn, but keep posting and asking questions.

Has a nice, warm touch, even the part to the left doesn't look loose.

my only complaint is that it is from eye level. I feel like it might have been EVEN more emotiional had you been on her eye level.

Still, a beautiful photo.

All,

Great insights! I was just shooting as she walked around, so of the 219 shots, I got about 4 or 5 that seemed worth keeping. I only tried to stage a few of them, because I liked the spontaneity of the moment.

Attached is the SOOC image:

Montchanin01_001.jpg

I appreciate the comments.

Kind regards,

Paul

Most reactions

Back