First image posted- CC Please

jbushee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.usfalls.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Understanding I could get softer lighting at either end of the day, park hours were restrictive.

One question I have is, can the frame also work as the subject?

Arch-Rock.jpg

Last edited:
Unless you want to subscribe to TPF, you should consider finding for yourself a photo host (many out there that host your pics for free such as www.photobucket.com or www.fastpictures.com etc), to where you can upload your pictures and then link the URL given to here (either by directly using the host's

Understanding I could get softer lighting at either end of the day, park hours were restrictive.

One question I have is, can the frame also work as the subject?

Arch-Rock.jpg

Would love to see it....but it's just an "x"! :wink:

(Edited to add....I have sooooo BTDT!! Good luck!)

My pics are hosted at PicasaWeb.
I used the insert image button and pasted the address in, but hadn't added the

My pics are hosted at PicasaWeb.
I used the insert image button and pasted the address in, but hadn't added the tags on first go. Odd that it previewed...[/quote]

If it's the same as PhotoBucket....you just paste it right in here, bypass the image button! (For me, it was helpful when someone pointed out the tutorial....not sure where it's posted exactly..? But, but...it is on here somewhere.)

Interestingly, on refresh I got an empty frame, and had to right-click and select show picture.

Enough with that foolishness, I decided to try out Photobucket, and it seems to work better...

I can see it fine and I do really like it. I wouldn't say that you're using the frame as a subject, since there is still a big rock in the middle acting as a point of interest. I like the contrast between the orange/blue so I don't think this was a bad time of day to take it. The only problem is that the sunlight on the rock on the bottom left has left it a bit too bright and distracting. Since it's well distinguished and would be fairly easily to select in PS, I'd try upping the saturation/using the burn tool on that part of the rock.

Nice.

Hmmm...not sure you can use the frame as the subject--I assume you mean, to make the frame sharper than the image inside of it?

I think it might be better to take the shot from either just left or just right, not dead centre. Does that make sense, LOL!? ...The centre of the photo can still be centre, but just angle the rock frame slightly.

Also...I wonder if you should make the image in centre a wee bit sharper--to draw the eye there?

You know...thinking about it...I'm wondering if you could make the frame sharper and have it be the picure? You might be able to do that, if the rock frame is interesting enough!!??

Oh, and welcome!! :hug::

(Take my "critique" with a grain or 2...or 3 of salt....I'm pretty much a newbie....still learning here :eyebrows: )

I tried out the burn tool to darken the exposure on the corner. Had not used that tool before, might be a bit overdone...

Arch-Rock2.jpg

No I don't think you overdid it. It doesn't necessarily add to the photo but it makes that bit less distracting.

Lovely shot of a great subject..like the second edit,just right.

Is this original photo ?

Very cool

Most reactions

Back