First impressions from my new Sony a6300

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got at last to try my new toy, used it with the crappy kit lens the 16-50mm and I must say I am TOTALLY in love with the power of this camera, the sensor is great, impressive low light performance and the dynamic range is amazing!
It just walks all over the Panasonic G7 I had before, just different league.
Here is a picture example of the power of this camera

DSC00235_zpswaynwwig.jpg

did you say that you're upgrading to an A9 ?
:biggrin-new:

did you say that you're upgrading to an A9 ?
:biggrin-new:
Well to be honest the A9 is impressive but the lenses of Sony are so expensive and to be honest most of the A9 features are an overkill for me, being a wedding photographer I hardly need a huge buffer and 20FPS
Nope I am with Nikon for now and hope they start moving to mirrorless soon, too much invested in their glass already to jump ship.

I've never been impressed with the images of the a6300. I got it more for it's fantastic video.

Well to be honest the A9 is impressive but the lenses of Sony are so expensive and to be honest most of the A9 features are an overkill for me, being a wedding photographer I hardly need a huge buffer and 20FPS
Nope I am with Nikon for now and hope they start moving to mirrorless soon, too much invested in their glass already to jump ship.

Get an adapter and put your Nikon glass on the Sony.

I've never been impressed with the images of the a6300. I got it more for it's fantastic video.

For what it is, it's a pretty decent sensor, and the a6300 is supposedly better than my a6000:

bdd87dd70f38486f9df0306d2d95120c

this design allows for more light, all things being equal. I just wish they were 14-bit RAW files, not 12-bit, for more processing power.

For what it is, it's a pretty decent sensor, and the a6300 is supposedly better than my a6000:

bdd87dd70f38486f9df0306d2d95120c

this design allows for more light, all things being equal. I just wish they were 14-bit RAW files, not 12-bit, for more processing power.

"Pretty decent" and "better than the a6000" still ain't gonna cut it for my work.

stop shooting with the soft $100 stock lens then? The sensor itself can rival anything else comparative on the market.

stop shooting with the soft $100 stock lens then? The sensor itself can rival anything else comparative on the market.

It's not the softness of the lens. It's the images look noisy and grainy even at ISO 100... even when using my Nikkors.

Sorry, but the sky in your photo has some serious image quality issues in my opinion. It looks like noise and even some banding. On my cell phone screen it looks okay, but on a big computer monitor, it is obviously not a great image.

I have had noise with my Nikon D7200 on night shots, but never on a daylight photo.

The camera may be great, but that image does not show it.

It's not the softness of the lens. It's the images look noisy and grainy even at ISO 100... even when using my Nikkors.
So far I am very impressed with the low light of my a6300

Sorry, but the sky in your photo has some serious image quality issues in my opinion. It looks like noise and even some banding. On my cell phone screen it looks okay, but on a big computer monitor, it is obviously not a great image.

I have had noise with my Nikon D7200 on night shots, but never on a daylight photo.

The camera may be great, but that image does not show it.
Its processing, I made it look that way

I notice it in dark areas, that crop sensor really doesn't have the DR in darks as the D610 does.

a6000_d610.jpg

this is the one weakness I find with it, otherwise, I have no issue with the IQ (or the grainy look -- all my nikons look like that at higher ISO levels), but I don't think it handles dark scenes as well as my FF sensor. I haven't tried a 4/3rd or smaller so I just might be really spoiled.

but it still captures fine detail jus.t.fine:

a6000_d610_1.jpg

Have you noticed any problems with moire?

-Zach

Most reactions

New Topics

Back