kelox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Coming to you live from Planet MAXXUM, home of the
Website
homepage.mac.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I've been threating to do this, so here goes. Been wanting to do this for a looong time now. Still haven't gotten the R72 filter yet(been side tracked a few times), but did this with PS CS. Let me know what you all think(Digimatt-ksmatt this especially means you two; you both have answered my questions about this so I kinda really want to know what you think of it).

First the unedited version;
Leaf1.jpg

now the edited version;
IRLeaf1.jpg

OoOoOOo...I like that IR conversion. It works out quite nicely on the vegitation. I keep staring at the one drop that turned black...it's just intriguing.

kelox said:
OK, I've been threating to do this, so here goes. Been wanting to do this for a looong time now. Still haven't gotten the R72 filter yet(been side tracked a few times), but did this with PS CS. Let me know what you all think(Digimatt-ksmatt this especially means you two; you both have answered my questions about this so I kinda really want to know what you think of it).

Wow, you go home on leave and come back an artist over night? Hmm, I guess I better get practicing!

Excellent job on converting it, my only question is HOW DID YOU DO IT? If you wanna clue me in that would be great, I think photoshop is gonna be a necessity!

Thanks for the replies so far.

kilifila66, to be honest, I couldn't tell you how I did it exactly. I just played with it till it looked ok to me. I first converted to B&W, then added a little noise/grain then played with the contrast settings(I think that's the order I followed, not sure). PS might not be a necessity, but it will make life a lot easier if you have it. Try that and let me know if it works.

Digital Matt, thanks for the comment. Like I said, still haven't gotten the R72, YET, but it is on my long list of stuff I think I NEED(and let's be honest, we need everything we can afford). I've been researching IR and it looks like the filter would work with any digital cam, what's your thought?

Most reactions

Back