First Kids portraits. Please Critique...

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by beckyh, May 22, 2008.

1. beckyh

beckyh TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I just had my first portrait session, other than family this past week. Please feel free to critique as much as possible. It will make me better in the end :) Thank you all!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. husky_mom

husky_mom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    WOW!!... love them...

although I would´ve loved some changes (I´m no expert and I too need critiquing, I thik it helps seeing other points of view, even if we don´t like them)

pic 1: I would´ve looooved if the girl was like waving or jumping...

pic 2: fix babies fingers, they look odd positioned and thus they attract ones attention..(I know babies move a lot ;))

pic3: brighten up flag colors

pic4: a lil less shiny (a bit orangy it looks)

pic 5: make lower background also black

pic 6: love the girl and both her and the kitty expression, just maybe soften the white as the upper left seem a bit too white

3. That One Guy

That One Guy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    hi

pic #1- i would clone out the branches on the right side of the photo.

pic#2- cute lil person. the forehead seems a bit blown out as well as under the eyes, but it doesn't take away from the portrait. nice job.

pic#3-very creative!!! maybe make the baby a bit darker? dunno. i like it though.

pic#4- wish the tree wasn't in focus.

pic#5- i gotta say that i am not a huge fan of selective colorization. personally my eyes are drawn to the tractor, but that may just be me.

pic#6- very fun photo :) i like this, it makes me smile. only nitpik is that some of kitty gets lost in the white.

overall:
    comps is good and colors look good. nice job and i am looking forward to seeing more from you :)

4. KristinaS

KristinaS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hi!
    Nice going for your first kid portraits.
    Some critiques for ya.
    1. I would rather have seen this cropped a little closer so the trees aren't visible on each side. I think they kind of distract from the image.
    2. The baby looks a little on the gray side (but this is a monitor that hasn't been calibrated in quite a while).
    3. I'd maybe "pop" the color of the flag a little. It looks almost like there is a haze over the picture. I guess this is personal preference, though.
    4. Looks like a snapshot.
    5. I, too, am not a fan of selective color, but that's another personal preference issue. The arm chopping on the left is a little bothersome. Also, like the earlier B&W, looks a little gray on my screen.
    6. Is my favorite of the group. It's cute and the exposure looks good. The cat looks freaked out, though! Haha!

5. beckyh

beckyh TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thank you all. I will start fixing some of the photos. Everyones thoughts really matter, so thanks again!