First Landscapes

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by JenLavazza, Apr 23, 2010.

1. JenLavazza

JenLavazza TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My dad and I went out to take some landscape photos last weekend. It was really nice shooting along the side of my father and I think I got some okay shots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HannahRebekah

HannahRebekah TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You didn't really ask for critic, but here some is, hope you don't mine. 1 is my favorite, good composition and lighting. 4 is second best IMO, could have used a wider DOF - the top of the tree's not in focus. 2 is nice technically, but it's pretty boring. 3 is okay, but over saturated and also could have used a wider DOF.

3. JenLavazza

JenLavazza TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    C and C is always welcome! Thank you Hannah!

4. Vinny

Vinny TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    All nice shots. I really like #4!

5. SwissJ

SwissJ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like how #1 is balanced. I also like how the thin stems in the foreground give meaning to an otherwise abstract blob-like (<< is that a technical term?) background. I think it's strong. I would crop the dark stem peeking in on the lower right corner.

In #2, the silhouette is nice and bold. The sky is on the over-exposed side, but it doesn't bother me. What are those bright spot highlights on the lower right?

The only thing i like about #4 is the colors. The composition is very left heavy, and it makes me want to tilt my head to the right so left is down. I like the micro irregularity of the horizon line and it's relationship to the irregular trees. Little details like this, whether intentional or not, attract my attention, but overall, the composition doesn't work for me.

Yeah, I skipped over #3, cause I'm not sure how i feel about this one yet.

6. JenLavazza

JenLavazza TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #2 in the lower right is water reflecting. There was a little bit of standing water around that area....

LOL #3 confuses me. I almost didn't post it because it's almost TOO much. Just a lot going on in it! I do like something about it though...just not sure what.

I'll have to look through my other sunset photos too....I have some that aren't so Left heavy.

7. ghpham

ghpham TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm not sure how I feel about number 1. Since you mentioned landscape in your title, it sorts of threw me off, because the focus was more on the stems. I like number 2 though if the sky had more color to it, the pic would have been more "dramatic". I don't dig number 3. It looks "busy" and I'm not sure where to focus. I like number 4. Colorful sky.