First Light with New Camera Lens - Heart of the Milky Way

I see lots of top astrophotographers adding cross filter effects. I always want to reach out and slap them. :D

Bah! I just realized I only have a 72mm cross-screen, not a 77mm, and I don't have a step-down ring adapter. Sigh.

And of course there's always: "I then effectively added a color glow." and "I then added a Gaussian Blur of around 15 px to it." ;) but I know. I do the same things. I have a nice scope too and have been playing with video and stills occasionally too. Those things while certainly not 100% "realistic", do enhance the imagery and produce close approximations. Without all the processing terrestrial based astrophotography would kinda suck. ;)

Yeah, that's what I didn't understand. If you're going to quote me in places as evidence that I over-process my photos, this would be the quote to pull. Not the ones you did originally. ;)

Yeah, I didn't want to nail you to the wall or anything. Just see what you did with the provided escape route and leave enough ammo for a second round of friendly fire. ;)

It's all good though. Your images are wonderful! And I'm so glad there won't be crosses or "baby twinkles" in your subsequent images. That's good news (for me at least).

Most reactions

Back