First Lightbox Attempt, Christmas Themed

Crushy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, this was my first attempt at making/using a lightbox. I just used two lamps on either side of the box for lighting. I used a canon rebel xs, f8.0, and varying shutter speeds. Any C&C would be appreciated...

Singer.jpg

SantaKids.jpg

Snowman.jpg

I noticed on the shot of the figure holding the wreath, the background has like a reddish/brownish tint. Any help on fixing that into a more pure white?

Happy Holidays!:mrgreen:

The tutorial I read said to have the white balance on tungsten, and messing around with the white balance in PP just made it look super orangey.

In Photoshop, go to Selective Color, and under Whites, try adding +9% Cyan, and under Blacks, subtract -32%. That will make the backdrop noticeably whiter on the shot of the little girl holding the wreath...it's about a 5-second fix. Not perfect, but significantly whiter, without doing anything involved at all.

Make a seamless background with a sheet of poster board or something similar to get rid of the line in the background.

On #1 and 2 it looks like your lights were opposite each other on either side of the figurine and at the same distance leaving the front of it darker than its sides. Move them around a bit. Try different positions and distances.

Most reactions

Back