First Lightning With My Digital !!!

white_knight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is the first shot of lightning with my digital... After shooting hundreds on film, i figured i'd try it and...SURPRISE... it worked.

IMG_0924-copy2.jpg

Nice shot! I like the contrast of the heavy dark clouds with the lighter part at the bottom.

I'm at a point now where i get 8-10 good shots and 3-4 great shots on a roll of film. This was my first attempt to shoot lightning with a digital though. This was shot with my Canon 10D and a 90mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens by Tamron. It's the clearest lens i've ever used.

white_knight said:
I'm at a point now where i get 8-10 good shots and 3-4 great shots on a roll of film. This was my first attempt to shoot lightning with a digital though. This was shot with my Canon 10D and a 90mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens by Tamron. It's the clearest lens i've ever used.

Ahhh, another 10D user. Welcome!

AlisonS said:
white_knight said:

Ahhh, another 10D user. Welcome!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee for the 10D club! :cheer:

I wouldn't trade the 10D for anything... The only time i use a lot of film anymore is for lightning and northern lights. I find that the noise in the photos when shot with the 10D is a bit much. Anything longer than about 30 seconds tends to heat the sensor to a point where noise is unavoidable.

Even the photo above, when viewed full size is a bit noisy.

But Hey, Thanks for the comments and the nice welcome to the board.

Jeff

What i like most about this picture is not the lightning, but the way the lightning has backlit the clouds giving its tone and shadows. Suberb shot. Oh the lightning is pretty cool too.

It's not my first attempt at lightning, just my first with the digital. I've gone through cases of film to get shots and i have around a hundred really great prints. This was merely my first time out with my 10D... So never give up. lol

Jeff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back