first 'lips

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
First tulips this spring. This is a bunch that I inherited when we bought the house in '89. They are generally the first to bloom every year. These look a bit harsh, as they were shot in direct sunlight, but I do love the in-your-face red color.

tulips070329_01.jpg

tulips070329_02.jpg

Heya Jim, these are good!
(Well, there would not be a Jim-flower-photo that is NOT good, now would there?)

I like the harsh light, it goes well with the all black(ened?) background!!! And I love the velvet character of the petals in the last. Reminds me of a tulip photo which was among the first I ever posted here on TPF and someone said, normally one would not like to see clear reflections on flowers, but on that one it worked. That photo, however, has LOOOONG been taken off the server ...

Thanks Corinna, the background is a piece of foam board. My standard backdrop for flowers. Can't seem to get away from that black.

A piece of foam board? Brilliant! I must add that to my list of equipment that I need to now carry around with me! I love flower shots, and a plain background really brings attention back to the plant itself instead of a distracting, bright background

stunning photographs - I really enjoy looking at them humm..., we don't have anything flowering yet here in pennsylvania

Thank you! But you get snow to shoot & trees. I seldom see either one. Without traveling that is. :)

Hi Jim! Good to see you posting again. :D

These look great - love the black background and that vivid red. :thumbup:

digital flower- Thank you & I agree about the second one. I was trying to get the shadows on the petals & couldn't geet around far enough without a shot killing lens flare rearing it's ugly head.

Jeff- thank you!

terri- I manage to pop in now and again. The red is pretty intense. I had to chop the saturation or it just bleeds all over everything. Got a single yellow one this year I need to shoot later. Didn't have any yellow last year.

Most reactions

Back