First Lubitel 2 pictures!

santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
Hi all!
I just wanted to share some recent pics.

I got the Lubitel 2 two years ago on a flee market for 8$ or so and haven't give it a try until now. It's my only TLR so I was a newbie to TLR's too
My first impressions were that it's pretty perfect to take picture of people, they just don't get that they get photographed. There's that eye to eye contact missing. The camera isn't that bad at all (focusing screen is bright, focusing is a pain in the ass). The release is too close to the shutter cocker (if you don't use a cable release it's pretty easy to interrupt the shutter). I wouldn't call it toy cam at all, the images are soft but that's kinda normal for 50 year old lenses, I guess

yj6tjp.jpg

yj6tjr.jpg

yj6tjo.jpg

yj6tjq.jpg

I used Hp5+ @ ISO 200 in Rodinal.

Location was Linz/Austria, Urfarhmarkt (mini version of Oktoberfest ).

Pretty cool :)

I've had a Lubitel for a couple of years too. Only really shot a couple of rolls with it. I agree with everything you say. Use it at f11 or higher to make full use of it's vignetting ;)

EDIT: No. 2 has that Lubitel feelin' :)

Hey cool. I have two Lubitel 2s. I've been lazy about using them mostly because of the pain in the ass focusing. Finally finished my first roll. Just have to get it developed.

I like #2 and #3 a lot. Good people shots. You're right that this is a good people camera. If anyone is actually looking at you, it is out of curiosity and not because they think you're taking a photo of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back