First Macro and Rodeo (11 photos)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Peanuts, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Peanuts

Peanuts New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +85 / 0
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    All I can pretty much say, is tear these pictures apart. The only way I am going to learn is to have people tell me waht I am doing wrong (and right I guess).

The rodeo pictures, my regrets are: not bringing a tripod, and not chaning my ISO until almost the very end. (Also, I use using a 70-210mm from the 1980s, so some camera shakes was present.)

Photoshop tips would be much appreciated as well :D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    I really like the 3rd and 8th. The third has, imo, the best composition of the macros, and as for the eighth, it's just really good! This, I must say, is a weird combination of images ;)

3. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    wow! some great shots...but then #8...that blows me outa the water, thats aboslutely fantastic.
    Try upping the saturation on each shot, that should make them a lille more striking...

4. Peanuts

Peanuts New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +85 / 0
    Thank you very much for the comments. I will try fixing them up in photoshop:thumbup: .

The reason the 8th picture actually showed bcause that was one where I remember to bump up the ISO :confused: . Should have remembered before hand.

Anyways, thanks :D

5. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +7,450 / 10
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    I love Stampede12 and Stampede10! In 12, I think you've really captured the speed and energy, as well as the determination of the horse and rider. This might have potential as a B&W shot, have you tried that? 10 is just a great portrait. I don't know if the composition is intentional or accidental, but I really like it.

6. Miki

Miki New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Nice shots - the one suggestion i can give for the rodeo shots is - decrease the depth of field. U have great subjects, but the rest of the picture is in focus and distracts from the main subject.
    :)

7. surfingfireman

surfingfireman New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    I think the moment you captured in #7 (the rodeo clown) is awesome. Just shows you how close these guys get in order to save guys they hardly know.

8. Peanuts

Peanuts New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +85 / 0
    Once again. The replies are much appreciated.

I changed the 8th photo to black and white, and I was surprisingly delighted with the results. It was not hte fact that I actually found the button to convert, (new at photoshop obviously), but how it brought so much additional character to the photo.

The second last shot was a 'point and shoot' so to speak. I was just taking a walk thorugh the barns, and this one just hapened to look around, which was a different view from the long row of rather large behinds, so I snapped it. Once it was up on my comptuer, I couldn't decide whether I loved the shot for the 'humor', or if the forground was a distraction. Glad to hear someone elses opinion.

Just as a side note. Just want to thank the members of TPF, as I rarely post, but I am alway on and viewing your photos. Just by seeing what can be done and how, it has inspired me to try new things, adn I am slowly inching away from the flowers and bugs, as subjects, and experimenting.