First Macro attempts

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Fingers, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Fingers

Fingers TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    70-300 lens with a single macro filter on the end, 2 bedside lamps, little buds less than 1 cm across..... and some supprise guests. :)

The little creatures were not noticable till they came to life during the session and to the naked eye were little more than specs of dust!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tips to improve very welcome. I wondered about reversing a prime lens on the end of the 70-300?

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Apart from the fact that with the light coming from your bedside lamp you got too warm a colour temperature here (photos all appear yellow), I know how much you must have enjoyed your little macro session and more so how much you must have enjoyed your surprise over capturing those tiny little "guests". (Knowing that my flower had such "guests", and knowing they'd be living next to my bed, would have made me make the flower move to another room, though ;)). You focused really well and must have a very steady hand to pull these off as well in lamp light!!!

I have tried the reversed lens thing before, but never a reversed lens at the end of the macro settings of my 70-300-lens...!

3. Sarah23

Sarah23 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    the bugs make me feel itchy....lol!