First Macros - Flowers of course!

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I nearly died in the Texas afternoon sun getting these. They don't have the WOW factor, but I don't think too bad for my first efforts. All are either natural lit, or I used my SB600 hand-held over the subject.

Thanks for looking :blushing:

p1013262488-4.jpg

p935373647-4.jpg

p773562469-4.jpg

p877600720-4.jpg

p996563911-4.jpg

p732483049-4.jpg

I like 1, 4 and 6. Some detail is lost to the left of 4. In my opinion, you are on the way to Wow in 1 and 6.

Your equipment and settings if I might ask?

Thanks for the feedback, I think you are right on #4. I have another pic of it I will post that may be better.

I was using my sigma 105mm and D300 at between f9-f13. It was my first time to use it, so I really was just trying to experiment with what works.

Two & six have some good focus but the rest no so good.

I will look for a couple of macros & post anew.

It would be more helpful to say why something isn't good instead of offering to post your own. We have all seen a thousand macros, so I think its more helpful to critique the photos shown, vs. just showing your own.

1. Fine shot, but I prefer shot #6 over this one.

2. This shot seems a bit chaotic to me. I have no idea where to look in the image. This is personal taste...the lighting and focus seem fine.

3. I keep trying to look at the part in focus, but I feel like I am trying to look around the parts that are out of focus. Sometimes taking a picture like this works, but you have to be careful about angle and placement.

4. Love the tones and composition of this image.

6. Really nice shot.

This is a good set for your first attempt!

I loved the last one. Not at all bad for first attempt. It would be good if you concentrate on simpler things or on a particular point in your shots.

I really like #5 but I'd like to see it with a less centered crop. #2 is very cool too. Good job for your first attempt! How do you like the lens? It's on my "to buy" list and I'm shooting the D300 too.

Thank you for all the feedback, it was really helpful.

The lens is great. Once I stopped trying to force it to autofocus and did it manually, life was much easier.

Nice shots Lyncca. Glad you enjoy the new gear and you seem to have gotten off to a fine start. It was a steep learning curve for me.... and still climbing. What's happened is a whole new world of photography has opened its door to you. Enjoy the ride.

I liked #1 until I saw #6.... much better comp in #6! I also liked #4 as already stated.... looks like a nice day!

Most reactions

Back