Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2008_1229test0041.jpg

2008_1229test0026.jpg

Quick question.
How will my Nikkor 55-200vr do compared to the 18-55 kit
lens when it comes to macro?
Thank's, Craig.;)

I dont have an answer to your question but wanted to tell you that these images are great!

First off I do like what you have in that first shot - the colours stand out a lot and look very different to "common" flower photos that are seen. Both photos look a little dark in areas and you might have been able to expose a little brighter on the first shot without trouble from the highlights

best way to find out is to stick the lens on your camera ;)
However neither lens will do macro at all - true macro photography is where you have 1:1 magnification (the subject is the same size on the camera sensor as it is in real life). What you have there in the flower is roughly half of that although its properly called close focusing its generally counted as macro work and many manufacturers use macro (or micro for nikon) in the name of zoom lenses that really are just close focusing lenses.
That said for the subjct you have in the first shot the kit lens is performing well - I suspect that the zoom might not let you focus close enough to the flower to let it fill the frame, but try it and see

Thank's for the input.
Craig.:sexywink:

Most reactions

Back