First mirrorless camera

I have been slowly convincing myself I need it.
Oh, and BTW, I've long since convinced myself that I need that lens and the 40-150 2.8.. :D

I think it's a smart choice going with the EM5ii over the EM1. There are a lot of nice features included in the EM5ii that were improved upon from the original EM1.
I think you'll be happy with the EM5ii. First hand opinion, It's an excellent camera.

@PropilotBW , how do you like your Olympus flash (FL-600R)? I've been toying with the idea of getting one, but I'm not sure I really want to sink $250 into one when I feel like I'd get better use of that money saving up for a lens I really want.

@PropilotBW , how do you like your Olympus flash (FL-600R)? I've been toying with the idea of getting one, but I'm not sure I really want to sink $250 into one when I feel like I'd get better use of that money saving up for a lens I really want.

I do like it. I mostly use it as a remote, off-camera flash in a one-light portrait setup. I trigger it by the small flash that my EM5ii came with. It produces some really nice results when I have the time to tinker with settings. I purchased a secondary Yongnuo 560-iv to supplement. While the Yongnuo could have done the exact same thing for a fraction of the cost, it is nice having the Olympus for on-camera usage(Sync).

*- I don't really care for flash photography, so I only use it when I need to. A lens is a much more fun way to spend the money.

I do like it. I mostly use it as a remote, off-camera flash in a one-light portrait setup. I trigger it by the small flash that my EM5ii came with. It produces some really nice results when I have the time to tinker with settings. I purchased a secondary Yongnuo 560-iv to supplement. While the Yongnuo could have done the exact same thing for a fraction of the cost, it is nice having the Olympus for on-camera usage(Sync).

*- I don't really care for flash photography, so I only use it when I need to. A lens is a much more fun way to spend the money.
Thanks! That's kinda what I was thinking and likely the reason why I never pulled the trigger on the flash.

Yeah, I'd rather spend the money on a lens :D

Thanks! That's kinda what I was thinking and likely the reason why I never pulled the trigger on the flash.

I have one as well. It's a nice flash but I got it because I needed a flash to use off the hot shoe. If you don't use flash much or need one off the camera the one that comes with the camera is actually good and all you probably need. So save the money for lenses.

Remember in another thread I said I have no money to buy lenses? I just picked up the 12-100 and a used 50-200 and EC14. I couldn't stop myself.

I have one as well. It's a nice flash but I got it because I needed a flash to use off the hot shoe. If you don't use flash much or need one off the camera the one that comes with the camera is actually good and all you probably need. So save the money for lenses.

Remember in another thread I said I have no money to buy lenses? I just picked up the 12-100 and a used 50-200 and EC14. I couldn't stop myself.
Oh. My. God.

What?! I'm so excited for you!

How do you like them? Need details!

Oh. My. God.

Have only been doing some test shots with the 12-100 but so far I am really impressed. I think its going to be a fantastic lens. Very sharp and great IQ. Everything I was hoping it would be. can't wait to take it travelling. The 50-200 and TC I am still waiting for it in the mail and hope it will compliment my 300 for wildlife. I will post some pics from both of them when I get a chance.

Oh. My. God.

Have only been doing some test shots with the 12-100 but so far I am really impressed. I think its going to be a fantastic lens. Very sharp and great IQ. Everything I was hoping it would be. can't wait to take it travelling. The 50-200 and TC I am still waiting for it in the mail and hope it will compliment my 300 for wildlife. I will post some pics from both of them when I get a chance.
Nice! That's awesome. Do you feel limited at all with the f/4 as opposed to something faster?

ETA: something faster being the 40-150 2.8, haha

Last edited:
I want one... im going to have to save up.

Oh. My. God.

Nice! That's awesome. Do you feel limited at all with the f/4 as opposed to something faster?

ETA: something faster being the 40-150 2.8, haha

No, I think the f/4 will do me fine for what I need.

I just ordered the Olympus omd em5 m ii and 12-40 Pro (both camera store occasions) for €1130,- and my parents will pay €250 for my birthday. This brings the price I have to pay to €880, leaving me with more than enough for a tripod and maybe a second lens if I eventually know what I shoot the most (40-150 Pro or 12-100 Pro). They will both be here today so I'm super excited!

I want one... im going to have to save up.
I just ordered the Olympus omd em5 m ii and 12-40 Pro (both camera store occasions) for €1130,- and my parents will pay €250 for my birthday. This brings the price I have to pay to €880, leaving me with more than enough for a tripod and maybe a second lens if I eventually know what I shoot the most (40-150 Pro or 12-100 Pro). They will both be here today so I'm super excited!

Good stuff. Let us know what you think when you get and post some pics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back